Hotel chain AccorHotels have launched what looks to be an interesting worldwide promotion. The headline offer is 3 nights for the price of 2 at participating hotels worldwide.
This is actually calculated by applying a 33% discount per night.
What is interesting about this promotion is that back in July, AccorHotels completed the purchase of Fairmont Raffles Hotels International (FRHI) which encompasses the Fairmont, Raffles and Swissôtel brands. This was a significant attempt to bolster the luxury end of their hotels portfolio.
Many of these hotels are now included in this promotion. This has the potential for some impressive savings given the caliber of the hotels involved.
I had a look to see if this deal offers genuine value or it sounds better than it is:
The first hotel I took a look at was the Raffles Hotel in Singapore, home of the renowned Singapore Sling.
Here is the 3 nights for the price of 2 rate via accorhotels.com:
And this is the price for the same nights via Expedia:
The promotion in this example would save you just under £300.
The second example I looked at was the Fairmont Rey Juan Carlos I, Barcelona.
This is the 3 nights for the price of 2 rate available on the AccorHotels website:
Here is the price on Expedia for the same dates:
The 3 nights for the price of 2 would save you £200 in this instance.
HOW TO BOOK
This promotion is only valid for bookings made on accorhotels.com or on AccorHotels Group brands websites.
There are several other key points to this promo:
- Offer valid for bookings made between 7th and 28th March 2017
- Offer valid on all stays between 18th March and 28th May 2017
- You can book hotels in the UK for extended period, stays until 4th June 2017
- Valid on 3-night stays only
- Bookings must be made at least 10 days in advance
- You will earn LeClub AccorHotels points on bookings made during this promotion (N.B. As Fairmont, Raffles and Swissôtel hotels are not part of the LeClub loyalty programme and regular bookings don’t earn Accor points, bookings made under this promotion at these hotels will not accrue points either).
- These rates are prepaid and can’t be combined with any other special offer/discount
With the addition of the likes of Fairmont and Raffles to the AccorHotels brand, this offer has become genuinely interesting. You can of course find good savings on Sofitel, Mecure and Ibis hotels as well. This a good option for those looking to lock in Easter and May Bank Holiday plans.
Head over to the AccorHotels website to see what prices you can find.