BA sent me a press release earlier this week to confirm they have brought back the Kids Fly For Free promotion for Summer 2017. And it seems to have been enhanced. Well not enhanced as BA normally do ‘enhancements’. Instead, they are continuing last year’s trend of adding extra destinations that are included in this offer.
This deal allows 2 children (Under 12) to fly for free when accompanied by a full paying adult to select destinations.
This offer is valid on flights departing London Heathrow to:
- Billund (of Legoland fame)
- Leeds Bradford
The offer runs from the 1st June until 31st October 2017.
How to book
You can visit ba.com as normal and search for any of the above destinations. The price you see will automatically reflect the promotion and there will be no charge for the children on your booking.
To illustrate, I searched for a quick 2 night trip to Legoland in Denmark for a family of 4 in August:
As you can see there is no charge for the 2 children on the booking whatsoever. Free really does mean free – with no taxes or any other surcharges to pay.
There are a couple of things to be aware of:
- You must book by 1st October 2017 for travel up until 31st October 2017.
- Valid on flights from London Heathrow
- This promotion is available on Euro Traveller tickets
- Works on return or one-way flights
- No minimum stay requirements although certain destinations may have blackout dates
- 2 children can fly for free with each paying adult
- This can be combined with the ‘Kids Eat Free’ offer currently running at selected restaurants at Heathrow. Full details here
This looks to me to be a good deal with no hidden catches. Flights, especially in the summer months, can be ludicrously expensive, so kudos to BA for bringing this back and opening up some interesting opportunities for families.
Visit ba.com to take advantage of this promotion.