Various news-worthy offers and promotions that have launched/are expiring shortly.
New PointBreaks list released and bookable!
In the world of hotel loyalty programs, there is a general consensus that IHG’s PointBreaks promotion is one of the best recurring deals around. At least on paper that is.
Every 3-4 months, the group, that includes InterContinental, Crowne Plaza and Holiday Inn hotels, release a new list of participating properties worldwide that can all be booked for just 5,000 IHG points per night. The regular cost to book these same properties using points is between 10,000 and 50,000 points per night.
Unlike many other hotel sales that offer greatly reduced sale ‘pricing,’ these bookings are subject to the same regular booking conditions as other points bookings at that hotel – in other words, they are usually fully flexible and cancelable until a short while before the stay.
I wrote a full piece on the PointBreaks promo last time around. It also has details of the best and quickest ways to boost your IHG points balance. You can find it here.
The key details you need are:
- Book via this special PointBreaks promotion page.
- Rooms bookable until 31st October 2017 (in practice hotels may limit the number of rooms available at the 5k price point so don’t delay booking if possible).
- You can book as many nights as you wish per booking but are limited to 2 separate bookings per person per hotel at promotional rates.
A full list of the participating properties can be found on this page here.
New Opodo discount codes
At this rate, I’m left wondering if the Opodo summer sale will stretch into November!
Yes, their Summer Mega Sale has returned in its latest incarnation. But as I said last week and a couple of weeks back, there is nothing wrong with this sort of offer. It represents a genuine saving especially on flights/hotels you have to book anyway.
As before there are 2 key codes here:
£15 off a flight booking using code – SALES15
- Minimum booking £300
- Valid on roundtrip flights
- Departing (any) UK airport
£80 off a Flight+Hotel booking using code – SALES80
- Minimum booking £800
- Flight component must depart from (any) UK airport
Both codes are valid until TOMORROW Wednesday 2nd August 2017.
How to book
- Visit Opodo.com
- Copy + paste the offer codes SALES15 or SALES80 into the ‘Add a promo code’ box which appears at the bottom of the ‘Passenger details’ page.
The terms state that only one booking per customer is allowed, although I am not certain just how they would plan on enforcing that restriction. It is also not clear if there is any issue with you using each voucher code once but in separate bookings.
Full T&C’s can be found at the bottom of this page.
Everybody loves a discount and occasionally (!) I am ‘forced’ to make a booking that doesn’t involve miles and points – in that case, these sort of 5% and 10% discounts from Opodo are most welcome.