Clubcard points certainly do seem to be the flavour of the month at the moment. In a separate article today I shared a couple of great tips to boost your points balance on a regular basis.
Continuing in that vein here’s a nifty promotion worth 500 free and easy Clubcard points, that’s available at the moment. If converted, that could become 1,200 Avios or 1,250 Virgin miles – which is certainly not to be sniffed at.
For some time now, Tesco has been encouraging customers to give an app called PayQwiq a try – you may well have seen the signs up in your local store.
Essentially, PayQwiq is a way of simplifying the process at the Tesco checkout and saves you fishing for your Clubcard + payment card while trying not to hold up the whole shop behind you for 15 minutes.
Since PayQwiq was introduced, you can of course now simply scan your Clubcard on your phone via the Clubcard app, making that element of PayQwiq rather redundant.
Similarly, as an ever increasing number of retailers remove limits on contactless payments, the ability to pay for up to £250 of shopping/petrol via the PayQwiq app is not as unique as it once was.
Nevertheless, there is undoubtedly a convenience in only having to scan a single barcode within the app to pay, with Clubcard points then collected automatically.
In recent months, Tesco has offered various incentives in the form of Clubcard points to persuade people to give Payqwiq a go.
Their latest campaign is offering 500 Clubcard points for using the app.
How to earn the bonus points
Currently, if you sign up to PayQwiq, you will collect 100 extra Clubcard points for each week you pay with the app, for up to 5 weeks.
Available to new customers who sign up by 3 September 2017 and make all payments by 31 October 2017.
Here is a link to the full T&C’s of this offer.
How do I register for PayQwiq?
Per the instructions on the PayQwiq website:
- You can create and manage an account at PayQwiq.com or by using the PayQwiq app (the “App”).
- You can create a PayQwiq account by entering your Tesco.com username and password. You’ll need to create a 4 digit PIN and enter the details of the debit or credit card or cards you want to use.
- You can add any Visa, Visa Debit, Visa Electron, MasterCard, MasterCard Debit, Maestro or American Express.
- Once your account is set up, you can add or remove cards, change your PIN and decide which of your cards is your default. If you need to change any of the details of your Tesco.com account, you’ll need to log in at Tesco.com.
- Payments made with PayQwiq are subject to your personal card limits (set by your card issuers) and are restricted to a single transaction limit of £250 per account, and a cumulative limit of £500 per account for all transactions over the previous seven days.
I can’t see why anyone wouldn’t take two minutes to get themselves set up for this promotion if they haven’t used PayQwiq before. Let’s just hope PayQwiq are more honourable and don’t try and weasel out of awarding customers points that they are legitimately due, unlike the 1,000 free Avios with Marriott bonus that I covered a few months ago.
With no minimum transaction required, this a great and easy way to pick up some free points.