Hilton has announced their next promotion which will run through until the end of the year. If this offer looks slightly familiar, well that’s because they have just extended the same deal they have been running over the last 3/4 months.
The popular double points offer will continue with an improved twist for Diamond members.
This offer is really quite simple.
You will receive double base points on all your stays at any* Hilton Hotels & Resorts properties worldwide for the duration of the offer.
*with the exception of Hampton by Hilton properties in China
HHonors Diamond members will also receive an extra 10,000 bonus points for every 10 nights completed during this period. This is capped at 50,000 points.
It is fairly easy to do very nicely out of this promotion.
Let’s take a 3-night stay at the Hilton Vienna in October 2017:
This hotel is available at a reduced 175 Euro per night in the current Hilton sale, for a total of 525 Euro.
Under the double points promotion, even a Hilton Honors Blue (lowest tier) member would earn, at a minimum, the following points:
- 10 x base points per $1 (or other currency equivalent) = 5,250 HH points
- 5 x base bonus per $1 (assuming earning preference is set to Points & Points) = 2,625 HH points.
- 10 x promotional base points bonus per $1 = 5,250 HH points.Total: 13,125 HHonors points – This is a very respectable return for a relatively cheap stay. Remember free Hilton Honors nights start at just 5,000 points per night at some properties. Using my example, you would have earned two free nights from your three-night stay!
How to book
First, visit this special link to register your Hilton account for the promotion.
Then simply head to the Hilton website and book your stays as normal.
- Bonus points will be added automatically along with your regular base points upon checkout.
- You can receive the double points offer on multiple times and bonus points earnings are not capped (apart from the extra Diamond bonus which is capped at 50k).
- The offer is valid for stays completed between 1st September and 31st December 2017.
I’m glad Hilton has decided to continue this promotion and it is a great way to earn a nice chunk of points even on shorter stays. Further positives include the fact that you can earn this bonus from your first stay and all hotels are participating. It is also a welcome addition that they are rewarding their top-level Diamond elites with an enhanced bonus.
Make sure you register for this promotion here prior to check-in in order to receive your bonus points.
Header image credit: Stanislav71 / Shutterstock.com