InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) which includes Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn and Hotel Indigo properties, have launched their January sale with exclusive early access for IHG Rewards Club members via the IHG app. This deal is offering up to 35% off stays in the UK, Ireland and Germany as well as free breakfast.
How good are the savings?
I decided to take a closer look at some of the hotels included in this offer for a better idea of exactly how much could be saved in this sale.
Crowne Plaza London The City
I priced up a night at the highly-rated Crowne Plaza London – The City on Valentine’s Day:
As you can see the cheapest price per night for a Crowne Plaza Club Room on those dates is £269.66.
Here is the sale price for the same room:
Booking the sale rate would save you just shy of £35.
Holiday Inn, Mayfair
I also priced up a 2-night weekend stay in March:
As the screenshots show, the price per night for a base level room (with breakfast) is £213 on those dates.
And the sale price:
A saving of approximately £105 – that’s a pretty decent saving!
How to book
Visit the dedicated sale page on the IHG website here.
There are a few important things to be aware of with this sale:
- Sale rates are available to IHG Rewards Club members – join for free here
- Bookings must be made between 8th January and 14th January 2018
- Travel by 15th April 2018
- Bookings are prepaid and non-refundable – Remember to compare the small print on the various rates. There will usually be discrepancies with what is included in the different rates
- Offer is available at all Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Crowne Plaza, Staybridge Suites and Hotel Indigo hotels across UK, Ireland and Germany with the exception of roughly 25 hotels. You can view these exceptions here.
From my brief search of sale pricing, it seems that ‘up to’ 35% is the key phrase. In fact, if you are looking at booking a weekend stay, it’s worth comparing the prices available in this sale with the special MasterCard discount that I wrote about here. The MasterCard version can be used across Europe and is also valid at InterContinental hotels.
This is a solid (if unspectacular) sale. The savings are decent and unlike the MasterCard offer, it can be used for stays during the week.
Given that part of my Accelerate target (which I discussed here) requires me to book 2 stays using the IHG app, a key point for me is that this sale is bookable via the app. The MasterCard discount, while very good, can’t be booked through the app.
Take a look at the sale page at ihg.com to see what discounts you can find.