Much like our complete guide to this year’s Black Friday hotel deals and discounts, in this article, you’ll find a number of the standout Black Friday airline offers that are worth a look.
I covered the excellent British Airways Black Friday ‘2 for £2,018’ Club World tickets in a separate article yesterday. That piece also contains details of various BA Holiday offers and more.
Grab £175 tickets to Los Angeles and other offers
We start with a repeat of the crazy-low Air New Zealand tickets to Los Angeles.
At 10:00am on Black Friday there are 100 tickets available for just £175. But you’ll have to be super quick – these will sell out in minutes!
Assuming the worst and you do end up missing out on the super-cheap tickets, there is also a range of other offers:
- £299 to Los Angeles (Economy) – Travel between 12th January and 28th February 2019.
- £699 to Los Angeles (Premium Economy) – Travel between 12th January and 28th February 2019.
- £2,099 to Los Angeles (Business Premier) – Travel between 23rd December 2018 to 23rd March 2019 & 1st May to 31st August 2019.
- £799 to New Zealand (Economy) – Travel between 30th April and 11th May 2019 & 20th May to 30th May 2019.
How to grab tickets quickly
As in previous years, Air New Zealand has published some tips to help you secure those cheap tickets quickly:
1.) Sign up to Airpoints
Airpoints is Air New Zealand’s frequent flyer programme. If you’re signed up to an Airpoints™ account and log in prior to the deals going live, you’ll find all your details pre-populated when you make your booking, which can give you vital seconds when trying to beat others to the deal.
2.) Use Fare Hold
Fare Hold gives you the opportunity to reserve fares for your selected itinerary at the displayed price for up to 3 days in exchange for a fee of £25 for international flights from the UK.
The advantage of Fare Hold is that you don’t have to complete your passenger details or select your seats until later. This is substantially quicker than completing your booking straight away.
If I was going for these tickets, I’d definitely pay the Fare Hold and come back at leisure to complete the booking.
Book by 26th November 2018
Did you manage to grab a ticket? Let us know if you were one of the lucky few!
Virgin Atlantic Black Friday offers
£100-£150 discount on Flight + Hotel bookings with code
Use promo code BF2018 and save:
- £100 per booking when flying in Economy Classic or Economy Delight
- £150 per booking when flying in Premium or Upper Class.
- Bookings are subject to a minimum spend of £1,200
- Travel between 1st December 2018 and 31st March 2019
- Must travel with a companion to receive the discount
Book by 26th November 2018
Virgin are also promoting a number of flight-only deals including:
- Dubai from £279 return (Economy)
- Barbados from £409 return (Economy)
- Antigua from £429 return (Economy)
The above destinations all have varied permitted travel dates between November 2018 and June 2019.
It doesn’t appear that there are any official Premium Economy or Upper Class Black Friday deals available, but please leave me a comment if you do spot something.
Business class to New York for just $1,200 per person with La Compagnie
According to French all-business class airline La Compagnie, blue is the new black. They’re promoting an excellent ‘Blue Friday’ offer for flights between Paris and New York (or vice versa).
They are offering roundtrip business class tickets for just $1,200 per person. I ran a quick search and found availability at these prices to be excellent in both directions.
Here’s an example for February 2019:
Business class to New York for under £900 is a ridiculously good deal.
You should bear in mind La Compagnie’s reliability issues and that with only a couple of services each day at most, there isn’t a whole lot they can do for you if your flight is cancelled, but nevertheless, these prices are definitely worth a look.
Book by 25th November 2018
Header image credit: GlobalTravelPro / Shutterstock.com