As we approach the busy Christmas travel period, I wanted to drop in a reminder about the very generous Heathrow Rewards offer that’s been running since late January.
Until 31st December 2018, you can earn at least 3,000 Heathrow Rewards points (worth 3,000 Avios/Virgin miles) when you join the free Heathrow Rewards loyalty scheme.
What is Heathrow Rewards?
Heathrow Airport’s loyalty program, Heathrow Rewards, allows you to earn points whenever you “shop, eat, drink or park at Heathrow”. That includes changing currency, parking, duty-free shopping and the Heathrow Express.
How many points do you earn?
Members begin by earning 1 Heathrow Rewards point per £1 spent.
Heathrow Rewards Premium
After spending £750 in a calendar year, you’ll receive an upgrade to the Heathrow Rewards Premium tier. This was revamped earlier in the year, with a number of additional benefits added.
Here’s a comparison of the two membership tiers:
How to use your Heathrow Rewards points
You can spend your Heathrow Rewards points in a variety of ways, including:
- Airline miles – Convert your points at a 1:1 ratio to various frequent flyer programs including Aer Club, British Airways Executive Club, Emirates Skywards, Etihad Guest, Miles and More and Virgin Atlantic Flying Club.
- Shopping vouchers – Turn your points into vouchers that you can use to shop at Heathrow. 500 points = £5 shopping voucher
- Heathrow Parking vouchers –Redeem 500 points for a £10 parking voucher.
- Heathrow Express – Exchange 500 points for a £5 discount voucher.
More info & full Heathrow Rewards T&Cs can be found on this page.
3,000 Avios/Virgin miles at no ‘cost’
You’ll receive 3,000 Heathrow Rewards points when you sign-up to Heathrow Rewards and spend £150 before 31st December 2018.
To receive the bonus you need to:
- Enter the code: BAECAO18 on the registration page. (The sign-up link below should have the code prepopulated, but double check it’s there!)
- Spend £150 in qualifying transactions on a single day before 31st December 2018.
Plus, get up to 15,000 additional bonus points in Christmas promotion
Heathrow Rewards are also running their regular bonus points offer on jewellery, watches or technology in the run-up to Christmas/New Year.
The bonus points offers are as follows:
- 500 extra points when you spend £150.00- £349.99
- 1000 extra points when you spend £350.00- £1,499.99
- 5,000 points when you spend £1,500.00- £3,999.99
- 15,000 extra points when you spend £4,000 or over
Plus double points when you spend £100 or more at World Duty Free.
I have triggered a couple of these myself this year and am tempted to do so again when I pass through Heathrow in a couple of weeks time.
If you’re travelling in the next few days, there’s no need to wait for the physical Heathrow Rewards card to arrive in the post. Sign up online and then download the Heathrow Rewards app or print a paper copy of your card to present in-store.
If airline miles aren’t your thing, this bonus is still worth £60 in Heathrow Parking vouchers or £30 in shopping vouchers, so there’s something here for everyone.