Heathrow Rewards have brought back their generous 3,000 points sign-up bonus for 2019.
Until 31st December 2019, you can earn at least 3,000 Heathrow Rewards points (worth 3,000 BA Avios/Virgin miles) when you join the free Heathrow Rewards loyalty scheme.
For the benefit of newer Tricks of the Trade readers, here’s a quick recap on how Heathrow Rewards works…
What is Heathrow Rewards?
Heathrow Airport’s loyalty program, Heathrow Rewards, allows you to earn points whenever you “shop, eat, drink or park at Heathrow”. That includes changing currency, parking, duty-free shopping and the Heathrow Express.
How many points do you earn?
Members begin by earning 1 Heathrow Rewards point per £1 spent.
Heathrow Rewards Premium tier
After spending £750 in a calendar year, you’ll receive an upgrade to the Heathrow Rewards Premium tier.
Here’s a comparison of the two membership tiers:
How to spend your Heathrow Rewards points
You can spend your Heathrow Rewards points in a variety of ways, including:
- Airline miles – Convert your points at a 1:1 ratio to various frequent flyer programs including Aer Club, British Airways Executive Club, Emirates Skywards, Etihad Guest, Miles and More and Virgin Atlantic Flying Club.
- Shopping vouchers – Turn your points into vouchers that you can use to shop at Heathrow. 500 points = £5 shopping voucher
- Heathrow Parking vouchers –Redeem 500 points for a £10 parking voucher.
- Heathrow Express – Exchange 500 points for a £5 discount voucher.
More info & full Heathrow Rewards T&Cs can be found on this page.
Collect 3,000 ‘free’ Avios/Virgin/other miles
As explained, there is currently an impressive sign-up offer worth 3,000 Avios or other miles when you join Heathrow Rewards.
To receive the bonus you need to:
- Enter the code BA2019 on the Heathrow Rewards registration page. (The sign-up link below should have the code prepopulated, but double check it’s there!)
- Spend £150 in qualifying transactions on a single day before 31st December 2019.
Note: Although the above is a BA code, there’s nothing to stop you subsequently converting your 3,000 Heathrow Rewards points to Virgin Atlantic or any of the other airline partners.
I’m a fan of this offer having used it a number of times in the past and am pleased to see it return for 2019.
Better still, if you can hold out for one of the semi-regular 50% transfer bonuses that Heathrow Rewards tends to run, this bonus could yet be worth 4,500 miles!
This bonus is worth £60 in Heathrow Parking vouchers or £30 in shopping vouchers, so even if you don’t collect airline miles there are plenty of alternatives.
Are you a member of Heathrow Rewards?
Header image credit: Tupungato / Shutterstock.com