For many people, May is usually a pretty busy travel period, with two Bank Holidays here in the UK. You might not have given this deal too much attention when it relaunched in January, but if you’re passing through Heathrow Airport in the coming weeks, this is well worth taking advantage of.
Heathrow Rewards are currently offering 3,000 Heathrow Rewards points (worth 3,000 Avios/Virgin miles) when you join the free Heathrow Rewards loyalty scheme and spend £150 in a single day.
Here’s a quick recap of how Heathrow Rewards works…
What is Heathrow Rewards?
Heathrow Airport’s loyalty program, Heathrow Rewards, allows you to earn points whenever you “shop, eat, drink or park at Heathrow”. That includes changing currency, parking, duty-free shopping and the Heathrow Express.
How many points do you earn?
Members begin by earning 1 Heathrow Rewards point per £1 spent.
Heathrow Rewards Premium
After spending £750 in a calendar year, you’ll receive an upgrade to the Heathrow Rewards Premium tier.
Here’s a comparison of the two membership tiers:
How to spend Heathrow Rewards points
You can spend your Heathrow Rewards points in a variety of ways, including:
- Airline miles – Convert your points at a 1:1 ratio to various frequent flyer programs including Aer Club, British Airways Executive Club, Emirates Skywards, Etihad Guest, Miles and More and Virgin Atlantic Flying Club.
- Shopping vouchers – Turn your points into vouchers that you can use to shop at Heathrow. 500 points = £5 shopping voucher
- Heathrow Parking vouchers –Redeem 500 points for a £10 parking voucher.
- Heathrow Express – Exchange 500 points for a £5 discount voucher.
More info & full Heathrow Rewards T&Cs can be found on this page.
Get 3,000+ ‘free’ Avios, Virgin, Etihad, Emirates or other miles
As explained, there is currently an impressive sign-up offer worth 3,000 Avios or other miles when you join Heathrow Rewards.
To receive the bonus you must:
- Enter the code BA2019 on the Heathrow Rewards registration page. (The sign-up link below should have the code prepopulated, but double check it’s there!)
- Spend £150 in qualifying transactions on a single day before 31st December 2019.
Although the above link is a BA code, there’s nothing to stop you converting your 3,000 Heathrow Rewards points to any of their other airline partners such as Virgin Atlantic or Emirates – or even turning them into shopping vouchers for that matter.
I’ve used this offer a number of times in the past and regularly encourage family members and colleagues to give it a go when flying out of Heathrow. It’s also a great way to top up if you’re just short of your next miles redemption – in my experience, Heathrow Rewards points post very quickly.
As joining bonuses go, 3,000 points is the most generous we’ve seen from Heathrow Rewards. Better still if you hold out for one of the semi-regular 50% transfer bonuses that Heathrow Rewards tends to run, this bonus could yet be worth 4,500 airline miles!
And just in case airline miles aren’t your thing, these 3,000 points are worth £60 in Heathrow Parking vouchers or £30 in shopping vouchers, so there are plenty of other ways to spend your points.
Have you used Heathrow Rewards before?
Editorial credit: Alexandre Rotenberg / Shutterstock.com