When you communicate with us via Tricks of the Trade, by subscribing to our blog for example, we will collect the personal information that you provide to us for that purpose. You don’t have to give us any of this personal information but, if you don’t provide us with certain information, we may not be able to provide you with the information or service you have requested from us. The forms you fill in will make it clear what information we need in order to provide the information or service you are requesting and what information you can choose to provide if you wish.
We will only use your personal data to send you our newsletters and blog updates where you have consented to us doing so. Otherwise, we will collect and process the information set out above about you on the basis that it is in our legitimate interests to use your data for the purposes set out below, and those interests are not overridden by your interests and fundamental rights.
Cookies are little pockets of information about your device, browser and browsing behaviour that are collected every time you visit a website. These cookies will remember your choices on websites such as Tricks of the Trade in order to serve you with a better experience on subsequent visits.
You can disable cookies yourself at anytime via your browser settings, however, that may mean that some of the features on Tricks of the Trade will not function correctly.
Cookies themselves contain no personally identifiable information. Depending on the publisher’s and the user’s settings, information associated with cookies used in advertising may be added to the user’s Google account.
Opting out of ads personalisation
If a user opts out of ads personalisation using Google’s Ads Settings, they will no longer receive personalised advertising from Google.
Purposes for which Personal Information may be used
The personal information that you provide to us or which we collect about you via Tricks of the Trade will be used only for the following purposes:
- To provide information or services to you as requested by you.
- To the extent permitted by law, to let you know about information and services from Tricks of the Trade in which you may be interested, including via our newsletter.
- To review and understand the content on our website which users are most interested in.
- To improve the content of our website.
- To notify you about updates to the website.
Change of Purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose and permitted under data protection laws.
- WordPress.com, our blog and web analytics provider;
- Google Analytics, our web analytics provider;
- Akismet, our comment and contact form spam filtering plugin;
- Ninja Popups, our email subscription and site popups plugin;
We will also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; and/or
Data protection laws provide you with the following rights to:
- request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
- request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected;
- request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below);
- request the restriction of processing of your personal information, for example if you want to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it; and
- obtain a copy of the personal information you’ve provided us with and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer it to a third party of your choice.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights above). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is manifestly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
Where we rely on your consent to process your personal data, for example in relation to any direct marketing we provide to you, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent in relation to direct marketing, please contact us using any of the details set out below in the “Contacting Us” section.
- by email at email@example.com
- by post at Xexec Ltd, 154 Brent Street, London, NW4 2DR