The sale includes participating hotels in Europe, the Middle East & Africa.
The headline discounts are:
- Up to 30% off Best Available Rate and Best Available Bed & Breakfast Rate for all Hilton Honors members
- Up to 25% off Best Available Rate and Best Available Bed & Breakfast Rate for non-Hilton Honors members
These discounts are primarily available for weekend stays. However, hotels often also make sale rates available during the week, so it’s worth a check.
The definition of ‘weekend’ varies by destination. It consists of Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday nights and Thursday, Friday and/or Saturday nights in the Middle East (excluding Turkey, Lebanon, Morocco, Africa).
How good are the savings?
I took a closer look at some of the hotels included in this offer and the savings available.
First, a look at an old favourite, the Conrad Algarve. Here’s the sale price for a week in August:
As you can see, the summer sale price on these dates is £339 per night, with the fully-flexible Best Available rate being £452. Or if you prefer, there’s a semi-flexible rate at £436.
Total saving = £679-£791
I then checked the price for a four-night stay in Dubai over October half-term:
As you can see, the sale price is £248 per night on the dates I’ve selected. The normal Best Available Rate would be £314 per night (or £301 for a semi-flexible rate).
Total saving = £212-£264
How to book
Here are various key points to be aware of:
- Stay must be completed by 6th January 2020
- Rates are non-refundable and full prepayment is required – standard practice for these sort of sales.
- These sale prices are offering discounts based on the (flexible) Best Available Rate. If you’re normally comfortable booking non-refundable rates, bear in mind that your savings will likely be lower than the headline discount.
- Full T&Cs can be found at the bottom of this page
Book by 19th August 2019
This is a good sale and an improvement on last year’s ‘up to 25% off’.
You should be able to find some good savings here, especially if staying multiple nights.
If you haven’t yet finalised your summer holiday plans or have made a flexible reservation somewhere, it’s worth taking a couple of minutes to see if you can get a better deal in this sale. Although it’s called the Summer Sale, remember that you can complete your stays all the way until 6th January 2020, meaning you may also be able to find a good deal for October half-term or even the Christmas/New Year period.
What do you make of the Hilton Summer Sale?
Header image: Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah © 2019 Hilton